Friday, February 21, 2014

The Moonbeam






The Moonbeam

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness.
John 8:12


The light awakens me from a deep winter slumber. It is as though a spotlight is shining on my very being.  I stir and realize it is a moonbeam streaming through the slats of the shutter.  It is beautiful but eerie at the same time. Even though it is in the middle of the night, I don’t mind the light from the heavens flowing down on me and taking away my slumber.  A sense of complete joy overcomes me and soothes my soul. I relish in this moment of rapturous delight.

Jesus is often referred to the “Light Of the World” and on this glorious night I feel the presence of Jesus surrounding me.  Our promise as Christians is that through the darkness of night the Light of Jesus will guide and protect us.  So often we try to go it alone when we experience the darkness in life. Alienation from the world disconnects us from each other. When our sins cause confusion inside us and weakness conquers our minds, it is time to reach for the guiding light called Jesus. We often forget to bathe ourselves in the “Light of the World.”

I smile. All at once an inner peace and a sense of tranquility prevail over me. I gently lay my head back on my pillow and try to imagine how far that moonbeam has traveled to touch my soul ---quite an awesome thought.
TOTT

Dear Heavenly Father,
You are the awesome God who prevails over me. In the times of dark moments, confusion and dismay, I seek you to guide and direct me to follow the “Light of the World.”  Thank you for sending Jesus so we may follow His Way seeking peace and understanding.
 Amen.

Commitment for Today: Seek a time for peace and tranquility in your day---Pray,
Meditate, and Be Still. Bathe your soul in the satisfaction that you are following
 “The Light Of the World.”

No comments:

Post a Comment