Thursday, February 27, 2014








My Sister

Psalms 147:5
Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.

My sister is coming to visit the island and I can’t wait until she gets here.  It is truly a time of pure enjoyment as we play, laugh, talk and even disagree. We find it irresistibly fun to run on the beach collecting sand dollars and challenging each other on who has found the most shells. There isn’t anything better than a baby sister who knows and understands me inside and out. Always accepting me despite my faults and shortcomings.  Being there for me during the trials of my life and I returning the favor to her.  She truly is the only person who can bring a rolling giggle from my soul.  I just simply love my sister!  

God is absolutely understanding of who I am too.  He knows everything about me and has since the very beginning.  Throughout my life He has guided me through the hard and difficult times and rejoiced with me when goodness and mercy were gracious to me. It is in this relationship I have become to know God and trust Him to guide my life.  Lent gives us time to pause and evaluate if we completely trust God with our lives.  Are we willing to ask him for forgiveness, and commit to following His way?

There are many women who can bring out the best in me--- cousins, aunts and good friends.  But none compare to the relationship that I hold so dear with my sister. Our time together will be short but the understanding and love that my sister brings to me will last a lifetime. TOTT

O Gracious God,
You have given me a precious gift in my sister and I thank you.  Your understanding of me is infinite and I praise your name and honor your ways. I ask for strength for my trials in life and trust You will see me through the good and the bad times of life.
In Jesus name,
Amen



 Commitment for today: If you have a sister, tell her how much you love and appreciate who she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment