Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Alone on the Beach is a very special time to reflect and search for God.


       
         Alone on the Beach


        
           
 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? To be out of your Sight? If I climb to the sky, you are there! If I go under ground, you are there! If I flew on morning’s wings to the far western horizon, you’d find me in a minute--- you’re already there waiting!
Psalms 139: 7-10

Today my walk is unusual. The sky is a beautiful azure blue color; the air is crisp like a Chicago October day; and the ocean laps gently on the shore as it sparkles brilliantly.  I walk the entire 3 miles walk and don’t see a soul.  There are no shells or sand dollars to be found as they are all covered by sand.  It is in between high and low tide.  The shore birds are absent and even the dolphins aren’t offering their daily show.  I realize I am alone!  I look around and soak in the splendid beauty of the silence. No, sh… listen, in this silence I hear God.  Suddenly I feel warm inside---maybe it is because I over dressed for the walk or could it be God warming my soul.  It is a magnificent feeling!
So how does God warm your soul?  May times we forget that in silence God speaks.  Just listen carefully.   Just as the words in the song declare Here I am Lord, Is it I, Lord I have heard you calling in the Night (Day) I will go Lord if you lead me I will hold your people in my heart.

Take the time daily to find God in silence. I ensure you it will be the most unusual walk you can take. TOTT

Dear Lord,
Help me to find my silence so that I can have you warm my soul.  I surrender to you as I hear you calling to me.  I will hold you in my heart. Amen

Commitment for today: Seek God in silence; seek God in beauty; seek God being alone; and seek God in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment