Tuesday, March 11, 2014



Spring is a time of renewal. Flowers blossoming and butterflies are gentle reminds of 
God's Promise to us.





Hymn of Promise

In the bulb there is a flower, in the seed, an apple, in cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!
In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,
Unrevealed until its season something God alone can see.
There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody; there’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.
From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery
~Hymn of Promise
UMH p.707

I love nature and being outdoors! Many people are surprise to discover that I spent the first thirteen years of my life growing up on a farm in Indiana. I showed sheep and horses in 4-H. I loved dressing up my rabbits in dolls clothes and spent so many hot afternoons in the haymow reading my Nancy Drew books. My favorite time though was walking the riverbank of the Little Flat Rock River with my two Collies, Sandy and Lassie. It was there I discovered the hidden promises of God in His beautiful outdoor sanctuary. The spring of my seventh grade year my father died unexpectedly ~ my world changed dramatically not only because of the death of my father but we sold the farm and moved to a subdivision.  No longer did I have my outdoor haven to remind me of God’s love and grace.

I quickly learned that even though my private world along the Little Flat Rock River was taken away, the love and grace of God was not.  I realized at a very young and formative age that I must receive God into my heart, accept Jesus as my Savior, and recognize that I was born of the Spirit.

I offer the Hymn of Promise as a reminder to us that God’s unending grace and love is ours to keep. Yes life is a mystery, but the world holds a hidden promise that only God can bring hope to you and me.  The Grace of God is the promise that we are a forgiven people purified and saved.  Grace is God’s love for the undeserving. God alone can see what our wants and needs are, and it is up to us to accept the powerful melody of what only God can promise.  As the spring unfolds into a new season of rebirth and we approach Easter, may the subtle hints of nature remind you that God’s grace is most powerful and your faith is the work of God’s grace in you. TOTT

May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord makes his face shine upon you and give you grace.  The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Amen

Commitment for today:
Today take a walk in nature looking up and discover a new world offered to you by God


No comments:

Post a Comment